Children encounter gendered messages from a young age. How did you learn to do gender as a child?
Reflect upon some of your early experiences with gendered expectations. These may have been explicit (e.g., being told to/not to do something), or implicit (e.g., observing patterns or subtle cues). Draw connections between these specific personal experiences and concepts from the class. Be sure to define the concepts that you use.
- 3 pages, typed, double-spaced, 12 point font, 1-inch margins
- Answer the question by drawing connections between course material and personal experience.
- Define the concepts you use, and explain how they help us to understand the examples you have shared.
- Provide in-text citations for the ideas you are using, and list References on a separate page at the end.
- Give your paper an original title.
- Pick an article that I uploaded to compare to. does not matter which one.